Monday, March 4, 2013

Hey! An update!

Well, here I am again... it seems every time I try to post a blog it takes me to something else, an automatic blog attached to a different email? Anyway...

Work is going well. IRS is sucking me dry. I still have to pay last years taxes(that are due before April 15) as well as quarterly payments on the coming year's taxes(2013) while still trying to pay off the massive IRS amount I have from previous screw ups thanks to a asshat who 'did my taxes' but really took my money and threw out the paperwork!

But in general, life is going okay. I'll be attending the 2013 GI Joe Convention in Indianapolis in April. I know you're thinking, "You just said you're paying off the IRS, how could you take time and money for a convention??" But I'm going on someone else's dime. I'm a buying agent for someone else, who is paying my registration and flight tickets. With any luck, I'll end up making a few bucks off the trip.

I'll be taking my latest custom, a female greenshirt Joe, to enter into the custom action figure contest and taking a print of one of my pictures for the artwork catagory.

The pythons are doing so-so. I've lost almost all the major animals in my breeding plans, so I have to catalog and revamp all the plans for breeding and see what's even possible. The rodent breeding colony is doing grand and I don't ever buy feeders at all. I pay about $22 for 50lbs of rodent food for a bit over a week of feed. That's down significantly from over $60 for feeders once a week.

Dogs are okay.

I now have 7 banana plants in the ground, 4 dwarf red, 1 Grand Nain, 1 Double Mahoi and a unknown(probably a Grand nain). I also have 3 bananas in pots. 1 Ice Cream, 1 Cavandish and my cream of the crop, 1 Gros Michal. The freezes have really hit the outdoor bananas hard, but I'm hopeful most will make it. The potted ones have come inside for freezes so they're doing okay.

Writing has been super slow. When I think of how I used to write 5K words a night, I feel like giving up entirely. Now it's like pulling teeth to get anything written and finishing anything is a complete trial.

Now it's getting chilly so I'll go shut up the windows and doors again, perhaps turn on the heater too! Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment